Sorry I didn’t get some better ones – I was too busy chatting with everyone. It was a good time! There were a few people that suggested taking the exhibit “on the road – i.e. displaying it in one of the Vegas galleries after May. I will let everyone know if this is the case.
Congratulations to these Photographers! Your work has been selected for the show. I will be in touch to let you know which images were selected.
I received Hipstamatic submissions from over 60 iphoneographers and selected 99 images for display. They are being printed now. I’ll write those who were accepted as soon as I get the images back.
Also, I moved the exhibit opening to April 29th, a Friday. It will be at:
Nevada State College Library
303 S. Water St (BW 2 Building)
Henderson, NV 89015
The opening begins at 5 PM and ends at 8pm.
Hope to see you then…
This is an open call for photographs. We will be accepting entries from February 1st, 2011 to March 10th, 2011. Anyone may enter and there is no charge for entry. Selected images will be printed at 7’’ x 7’’ and displayed at the Vegas from the Hip exhibit on April 29th, 2011. The exhibit will be located at the Nevada State College Library on 311 S. Water Street, Henderson, NV 89015. (Date is subject to change.) The show will run until the end of May. Requirements:
1. No more than 5 entries per person.
2. All images must be shot with the iPhone Hipstamatic app (available on iTunes for $1.99). For more info: http://www.facebook.com/hipstamatic
3. All photographs should be taken by the applicant. All photos should not be altered in any application other than the Hipstamatic.
4. Photos should be taken at the highest quality setting (nothing lower than 1200 x 1200 pixels will print on a 7 x 7 image). Medium quality might work, but the lowest quality will make it difficult to print.
5. Photos should be related to Las Vegas in some manner.
6. Photos should be sent as attachments to: LVfromtheHip@gmail.com no later than March 10th. Your email needs to contain: Your name, your contact information, and the title for each piece.
7. Applicants will be notified of acceptance via email. Optional: If a photographer would like to have a 7’’ x 7’’ printed copy of an accepted image after the exhibit has ended, there is a $4.00 charge to cover the cost of developing/printing.
8. Accepted applicants are entered into a drawing for a $100 prize. Considering the exhibit will have no more than 75 images, these are good odds – even for Vegas.